The Ceramic Pre-filter is the first stage of filtration for the Gravity Water System that removes large-sized particles and contaminants from tap water.
- The smallest microplastics found in tap water are approximately 2.5 microns; the Ceramic Pre-filter eliminates particles greater than 0.3 micron size
- Filters microplastics, rust, bacteria and sediment
- Compatible with the Gravity Water System
- Filter Life up to 1 year
- Filter Reminder Available through Filter Ease.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR USE:
- Soak in cool water for ten minutes.
- Using the included grey scrub pad (or equivalent), scrub the top of the Ceramic Pre-filter using moderate pressure. You are removing a thin layer of ceramic material, this is normal and by design.
CLEANING / MAINTENANCE:
Weekly - When the Ceramic Pre-filter is noticeably dirty or running slow, scrub the surface of the Pre-Filter with the grey sponge included in the box or another clean fine-textured sponge. Rinse under running tap water. This may be once a week or as needed. Some water sources have more sediment so more frequent cleaning may be required. The colour of a dirty Ceramic Pre-Filter depends on the quality of the source water. Do not use soap or detergent.