Smart Floss® dental floss is clinically proven to be more effective than regular floss. It has been shown to remove up to 55% more plaque than some of the most popular flosses available, i.e. regular waxed and unwaxed flosses and PTFE monofilament floss.
Electric or manual flossers which claim to be as effective as regular floss are no match for Smart Floss. Smart Floss can clean around the teeth and reach deeper into the interdental spaces, leaving teeth cleaner and you smiling longer.
- Natural cardamom flavor for a vibrant fresh feeling
- Lightly waxed with a natural blend of vegetable + beeswax (no petrochemical wax)
- Gluten-free. PTFE-free. BPA-free
- Made of simple polyester fibers
- Dispenser made with FSC-certified paperboard
SIZE: 27 meters / 30 yards long
- Does Smart Floss® remove more plaque? Smart Floss® expands during use to create a larger surface area to disrupt plaque. The few minutes you spend flossing can be more productive when using Smart Floss.
- Is Smart Floss® eco-friendly? Smart Floss® is one of the most eco-friendly, effective dental flosses available.
- Container: Smart Floss® is in plastic-free FSC certified paperboard packaging which can be easily recycled.
- Wax: To ensure comfortable flossing and to keep the fibers performing effectively, a small amount of a vegetable and beeswax blend is used with some cardamom oil. There are no petrochemical waxes or artificial flavors.
- Floss material: Like many flosses, Smart Floss® is made of polyester fibers. Unlike other flosses, Smart Floss® is made in a proprietary, patented process which gives that softer, expanded effect while flossing. This makes it up to 55% more effective in removing plaque. Why not a natural material, such as silk or cotton? Dr Tung's have opted not to use silk due to the heavy processing and the treatment of the silkworms. Plus it cannot be processed in the same way as Smart Floss® and thus would be less effective in removing plaque. At one time in the past, cotton was used as dental floss, but it is not used for floss anymore as it tends to fray or break easily or is harsher on gums and not as effective.
- How do you use Smart Floss®?
- Wrap 18" (45cm) of floss around fingers & draw tight.
- Tug and release. The floss expands.
- Slide floss between teeth, curve it around tooth and clean between tooth and gum with gentle up and down motion.
- Repeat using a clean section between each tooth.
- What are the ingredients in Smart Floss®? Smart Floss® is flavored with natural cardamom essential oil and lightly coated with a vegetable/beeswax blend. It contains beeswax plus one or more of candelila, carnauba, castor oil and rice bran wax. It does not contain genetically modified ingredients, known allergens, phthalates, soy or silica, and is dairy-free, gluten-free and fluoride-free.
- Does Smart Floss® contain potentially toxic PTFE or PFAS chemicals? No, DrTung's Smart Floss is not made from PTFE –the floss material implicated as being potentially toxic– nor are they intentionally treated with PFOAS, PFAS, PFOS, APFO and/or fluorine surfactants. Multiple research tests show that the amount of organic fluorine in the floss (said to reflect PFAS) is below the detectible range. PTFE material, although used widely for floss because it slides up and down easily between teeth, is also the worst performing floss as far as plaque removal goes.
END OF LIFE: Dispose of paperboard package as recycle.
Ethically made in Italy.