Knowing when to water your plants can be challenging especially when you are just getting to know a new plant. The best way to make sure you aren't over-watering or under-watering a plant is to test the actual moisture content of the soil.
- No batteries required
- Fast, accurate readings with easy to use large, clear dial
- Indoor + outdoor use
How does it work? The Plant Vitamins meter has a bi-metal probe that gauges the conductivity of the soil to measure the moisture content, indicated by readings from 0 to 10 on the display.
- Insert the probe meter into your plant pot. In large pots insert the meter to root level. In smaller pots insert half way.
- Adjust the position of the probe until the pointer on the dial swings slightly.
- Read moisture/pH level on the dial after the reading stabilizes.
- Remove probe from soil and wipe clean after each use.
TIP - Never use this moisture meter to test water, it may damage the sensor.