Made of 3 layers of absorbent hemp and a breathable-waterproof film, they are thin, comfortable and efficient. Like disposable pads, Öko Creations washable cloth pads have wings to hold the pad in place (with a thin snap). The colourful backings add a touch of beauty!
IDEAL FOR: Medium to heavy flow days or light bladder leakage.
The Öko-liner, washable pad, will not loose shape nor shrink when laundered. The colourful patterns on the pad backings add a touch of beauty!
Benefits of using Oko Reusable Pads:
- Reduced number of leaks - The hemp fleece is ultra-absorbent and each of Oko's products has a breathable waterproof liner that prevents leaks.
- Soft for the skin - The fabric that comes into contact with the skin is made of natural fibres that haven’t been bleached or dyed. The risks of irritation, allergy and infection are therefore reduced.
- Reduced ecological footprint - It is estimated that each woman throws out 10,000 menstrual products in her lifetime. One Öko-Pad can last at least six years. Think of the savings once you stop buying disposable menstrual products every month!
- Comfort - The Öko-Pads are really comfortable due to their shape, lightness and softness. Moreover, since hemp has anti-bacterial properties, they reduce odors.
INCLUDES: 1 Reusable Regular Pad.
SIZE: 24 x 9 cm
MATERIALS: 42% hemp, 32% organic cotton, 24% organic cotton laminated with polyurethane (waterprrof breathable layer). Metal snap enclosures.
USE: Use as a menstrual pad.
Don’t forget to wash your Öko-Pads once before first use!
If you’re out of the house, fold up your used Öko-Pads and put them in your Dual Pocket Mini. When you get home, take them out right away.
Put your Öko-Pads in a laundry bucket or breathable bag. When you’re ready to wash them, put them in the washing machine for a short cold cycle, with laundry detergent and (optional) sodium percarbonate (chlorine-free stain remover, maximum 2 tbsp). Then do a regular wash cycle with cold water, adding your other laundry. To dry your Öko-Pads, you can put them in the dryer or hang dry (the sun is an excellent stain remover and is also antibacterial). Store in a clean and dry place. That’s it!
How can I avoid stains?
The natural colour of Öko’s eco-friendly textiles ensures a high level of hygiene. However, undyed textiles can stain easily. Here is how to reduce stains:
Mrs. White’s Method:
Soak your pads in cold water and add a non-chlorine stain remover (maximum 1 tbsp per 4 L of water) and/or laundry detergent. Soaking for one hour will greatly reduce stains. You can also leave a bucket of soapy water in your bathroom during your period. Put all your Öko-Pads in it. Change the water at least once a day. After a maximum of two days, wring out your pads and machine wash on a regular cold cycle.
Some other tips:
- Do an extra rinse if you have very sensitive skin.
- Hot water will make blood coagulate and stick to fabric. Always use cold water.
- Your Öko-Pads will get more absorbent after a few washes.
- Never use bleach or fabric softener - these products irritate the skin and will reduce the lifecycle of your pads.
END OF LIFE: Dispose as household waste once pad has become ineffective. At least 98% of product will biodegrade.
Ethically made in Canada.