The HealthMate + Plus HM450 is ideal for families defending their homes from wildfire smoke and poor air quality. It provides the same benefits as the standard HealthMate HM400, with the impregnation of potassium iodide (along with the zeolite), and provides greater relief for people living in areas with poor air quality.
The included filter is designed to last up to five years in a residential setting.
Designed to remove toxic chemicals and fine particles, it cleans benzene, wood burning smoke, formaldehyde and other volatile organic compounds from the air.
The HealthMate + Plus removing sub-micron particles, noxious gases and chemicals. Austin Air’s 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the HealthMate + Plus, passing it through a 4-stage filter. The result, more clean air delivered faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market.
- Stage 1 - Large Particle Pre-filter Removes particles easily seen by the (e.g. dust, hair +pet dander)
- Stage 2 - Medium Particle Pre-filter Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores + pollen)
- Stage 3 - 15 lbs. of Activated Carbon and Zeolite impregnated with potassium iodide removes chemicals, gases and odours and VOCs, including formaldehyde.
- Stage 4 - 60 sq.ft. of Certified HEPA Removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns and 95% of particles 0.1 microns and larger, including pet dander, pollen, mold spores, dust mites, bacteria and viruses (MERV-17 Rating).
Why is the Austin HealthMate the best choice?
The Austin Air HealthMate® was designed to address your everyday air quality concerns. It removes a wide range of airborne particles, chemicals, gases and odours and will significantly improve the quality of air in your home.
- Efficiently removes a wide range of airborne pollutants + allergens, including dust, pollen, chemicals + gases
- Filters viruses + bacteria
The HealthMate + Plus HM450 is Best at Filtering:
- Chemicals - a compound or substance that has been purified or prepared, especially artificially.
- VOCs - Learn More Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids. VOCs include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short- and long-term adverse health effects. Concentrations of many VOCs are consistently higher indoors (up to ten times higher) than outdoors.
- Smoke -Tobacco smoke contains a number of toxicologically significant chemicals and groups of chemicals, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (benzopyrene), tobacco-specific nitrosamines (NNK, NNN), aldehydes (acrolein, formaldehyde), carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, nitrogen oxides, benzene, toluene, phenols (phenol, cresol), aromatic amines (nicotine, ABP (4-Aminobiphenyl)), and harmala alkaloids. The radioactive element polonium-210 is also known to occur in tobacco smoke. The chemical composition of smoke depends on puff frequency, intensity, volume, and duration at different stages of cigarette consumption. Cannabis smoking is the inhalation of smoke or vapors released by heating the flowers, leaves, or extracts of cannabis and releasing the main psychoactive chemical, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is absorbed into the bloodstream via the lungs
- Formeldahyde - a colorless, flammable, strong-smelling chemical that is used in building materials and to produce many household products
- Dust - a fine, dry powder consisting of tiny particles of earth or waste matter lying on the ground or on surfaces or carried in the air
Backed by the best warranty in the industry, you can take pleasure in knowing you’ve made a sound investment with your Austin Air purifier.
5 Year Limited Warranty
In the event of a malfunction or failure of the Austin Air purifier, the purchaser should contact Austin Air Canada. If the malfunction or failure is a result of defects covered by our warranty, Austin Air Canada will, at its option, repair or replace the Austin Air purifier and return it to the purchaser.