A beautiful answer to anyone asking for the time.
Upgrade your workspace for life. Did we mention the TAIT Desk Clock operates silently?
SIZE: 4" l x 2" w x 4" h
MATERIALS: Solid Maple, Steel + Aluminum, Plastic Encased Quartz Movement Piece.
- The Body - Hand crafted from solid hard maple that’s sustainably sourced in the USA. Just like in nature, the wood on each clock varies from piece to piece. A layer of mineral oil is applied by hand to each body, increasing the longevity of the wood’s pristine condition.
- The Movement - TAIT searched until they found what everyone said was impossible – a quartz clock mechanism that is made in the USA. Quartz mechanisms use an electronic oscillator regulated by quartz crystal to keep time. The oscillator creates a signal with very precise frequency, making quartz movements far more accurate than cheaper, mechanical options.
- The Dial - Did you know that the most common material for clock dials is paper? Not here. TAIT's Desk Clock dial plates are laser cut from 100% American-made aluminum. The metal is screen printed by hand twice – first with a layer of white, second with the Desk Clock’s color. Each dial plate features a minimalist and modern design to clearly mark the hours and minutes.
- The Back - Back covers of clocks are often made from cheap plastic, which when they break, leaves the movement and battery exposed. TAIT's back panel is made from 100% American-made steel and attaches via hand-pressed magnets to protect the movement within. Once you receive your Desk Clock, simply put in a rechargeable 1 AA battery, set the time, and cover the movement with the back panel. Just like the front dial, the back panel features a hand-pulled double layer screen print.
- The Hands - No detail is overlooked on TAIT's Desk Clocks. The hands are custom stamped for them from 100% American-made aluminum, and painted white to match. They are lightweight which aids in their timekeeping abilities and and hand applied to each Desk Clock one at a time.
- The Angle - Though it’s round, TAIT's Desk Clock doesn’t roll. On the bottom of the maple body, there’s a precise 10 degree angle carved into the wood. The Desk Clock sits perfectly flat and facing up at you every time.
- The Packaging - Like the rest of TAIT's Desk Clock, the packaging is custom made. They selected a recycled kraft box with an insert that perfectly fits the Desk Clock, keeping it safe wherever you go.
Ethically made in the USA.